EXPERIENCED Shop Mechanic needed. The primary function is to service and repair construction equipment and small tools. The Mechanic must perform daily maintenance checks and report any mechanical or safety issues to a supervisor. The position consists of but is not limited to the following duties:
· Assessing and repairing equipment failure with emphasis on small engine repairs and breakdowns
· Lubricating components
· Welding and fabricating components
· Knowledge of and servicing of hydraulic systems
· Knowledge of and repairs/service of trailers (dump trailers/tilt trailers/etc.)
· Travel to job sites or breakdown sites
· General clean up and maintenance of equipment
· Checking, changing, and maintaining fluids in fleet trucks including diesel trucks
· Maintaining service records of all equipment and tools (requires use of i-pad)
The above listed duties require periods of standing, walking, stooping and bending. Employee must be able to climb equipment ladders. Position requires lifting of up to 50 pounds or more. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
VALID (NOT SUSPENDED) DRIVERS LICENSE MANDATORY. We are searching for a FULLY competent individual who needs NO TRAINING.
Full-time with some overtime as needed.
Wage dependent upon experience